Pages

0

Another cranky night

Baby Bird was up crying again last night... or rather, this morning.  Couldn't get him to settle down, didn't even want to nurse, which is usually my secret weapon to cure all ills.  And, I could tell he was exhausted, poor thing.  Had woken up crying at about 4:45 or so, fell asleep around 6:15, but woke up again at about 6:40.  And then, for the next three hours (or just about), he was awake and cranky, kind of an irritated wimpering, and if we tried to put him down he would start crying even harder.  No fever.  When he finally fell asleep, he did start to snore a little bit, but that was the first sign of any congestion.

Took him to the pediatrician (I did feel a little like a hypochondriac making the call, but then, hey, I'm a new mom, how do I know?).  Thought it could be reflux acting up (as I had thought last week), or maybe teething (also as I thought last week).

Diagnosis?  Ear infection.

While it's not great that he's suffering, it's a relief for me to know what it is -- and to know that I was right to take him to the doctor.  After we finish nursing, it's off to the pharmacy for some antibiotics.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top