Pages

0

Friday, September 9, 2011


This post contains a slight amount of breastfeeding TMI.  You have been warned...

Feeling very proud of myself -- I pumped nearly a full feeding just now!  The trick: second letdown.  My Medela pump works at two speeds: fast at first – for letdown – and then after a couple of minutes the pumps slows down, somewhat mimicking a baby’s sucking motion.  There is a button you can press to restart the pump, so that it goes through the two minutes of fast pumping again.  I was amazed to find that pressing the button actually induced a second round of letdown and I added maybe another ounce or so to my production… Woo hoo!  Now maybe there IS a chance I can keep up with Baby Bird at daycare – what a thought!  Gotta keep drinking that water, though…

Off to lunch!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top