Pages

0

My math explained, and a welcome :)

In the wee hours of the morning on Sunday, April 17, 2011 my husband and I were given quite a surprise (and a wonderful one at that) when our baby -- a boy -- was born, six weeks early.  We knew, intellectually, from that moment on, our lives would change forever.  What we didn't know, was how. We knew parenting would be exciting, and a challenge (the toughest job we'd ever love), but had no idea how intense, how time/energy/thought-consuming it would be.  We expected joy, and laughter, and even smelly exploding diapers, but we are often surprised at just what form they take (yes, including the poop).

We were already a family of two, and expected to be a family of three, but we quickly realized that parenthood is greater than the sum of its parts.   And so, I like to think that Mommy + Daddy + Baby do not make just three, but something more like π -- pi, 3.1415926532589793... -- three and then some, the little bit extra that you know is there, but can't quite put your finger on.  Like π's infinite decimal, the ways life changes after baby never end, and, to a large extent, never repeat.  And, it is that little something that radiates out of each of us which ties us together as a family unit, even if, at times, it feels as if it has us running in circles.

And so, here is my "mommy blog,"  in which I hope share some of the fun, frustrating and fulfilling ways motherhood has changed my life.

Thanks for reading, and I'd love to hear your comments along the way!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top