Pages

0

Not Ready For Prime Time :(

Along with finding out that Baby Bird has a fever, and us getting locked out of our apartment, my dream of getting my baby into modeling has been deferred.  I checked out the agency's Facebook page today and saw a post asking for a head count for Sunday's open search (they announced a call for models that will happen quite close to where we live), i.e., who would be there, rain or shine.  Since they asked, I chimed in saying I'd like to bring my son, as long as it's not totally pouring out.  I also mentioned that I'd sent photos to them via email earlier in the week (and before I'd heard about the meet-n-greet) and asked if we still should come.  The rep from the modeling agency commented the following shortly thereafter:

If you email us we respond only if we are interested, fairly quickly...

Ah.

I see...

*sigh*

It had only been two days (and on their website they said they'd get back to you within a week) but I guess Baby Bird doesn't have "the look" they want.  Didn't realize how much I had my hopes up until they were dashed, but it probably also had to do with the day I've been having (Baby Bird's fever, getting locked out, the rain). I'll admit I'd been a little nervous about how we'd pull off taking him to appointments during the week, but I was willing to give it a shot.  If Baby Bird gave any indication that he did not enjoy himself, we would stop.  Just looked like it might be fun, and I was looking forward to the chance.  

Ah well, maybe we'll try again later, or with another agency.  The rejection stings, but I guess right now it wasn't meant to be.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top